Monday, October 24, 2011

Be-Talk: GUCCI GUILTY POUR HOMME EAU DE TOILETTE


Brand Name: Gucci
Line: Gucci Guilty
Name: Pour Homme Eau De Toilette

Bought from: Frankfurt Airport Duty Free Shop

Price:  48.5 Euro 

Type: For Women

Be-Talk 

The best thing about returning by flight from a place you fell in love with-is certainly the duty free shops at the airport. It’s like the final good-bye hug from somewhere you do not want to leave. Well that’s what happened with me when I was on my way home after spending a lovely week in the German countryside. The Frankfurt Duty free shops-I wouldn’t call it a shopper’s haven-since I missed some good brands there-I so expected I will find NARS and Urban Decay-but found Dior, Chanel, YSL and L’Oreal-all of which I find nowadays in Kolkata. So thought about hitting the perfume gallery. I could locate many well known brands there and finally settled for a Gucci.

An Image from Gucci Website
The website describes this perfume as having top notes of lavender and lemon, heart note of orange flower, base notes of cedar wood and patchouli.
 
Me-talk:


Well this is a Gucci-so there should be a round of “aww” for that. But after the initial adoration-comes the scanner of critic. In the first few moments after spritz, the aura was awesome-I felt it to have a deep-seated sweet flowery fragrance beneath a fine citrus flavor. I know these all do not technically describe a perfume-but I am not much of an expert to define perfume by notes. All I feel is that it is sweet inside with a tangy outside. (Doesn’t that sound like a typical Sagittarian Woman???-hell yeahh-I am one !!!)

 That's my first Gucci !!!

Pro-Side: 
Good for women who like sweet fragrances with some tang.


Down Side:

1) Staying power is not that good-smell fades within 2-3 hours.

2) Price: Much on the higher side 


Recommendation: I warn you, that this perfume is a Casanova-It pulled me away from a Chanel rack to submit to it. Its rather attractive-but with some downsides. So do try some other lines before settling for this one.


 

6 comments:

  1. This really looks attractive, but price quite higher na?? Thanks for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaa Taps-but the gallery of awesomeness at the duty free store sorta mesmerized me-and I just bought it like some person under spell =D But I so wish it had good lasting power =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oww-Kimi-Welcome to my Bloggie :) :) :)Hey I told you about my trip to Germany-I got this from there -I was so so confused to see the line of Gucci-Dior-Hugo-Chanels at the duty free-I just fell for this one's smell and look-the smell is nice-but me not happy bcoz it does not stay long enuf :( :( :(

    ReplyDelete

Let Be-Talking Begin !!!!